With a charging time similar to a smartphone, while reaching 62 mph in just 9.9 seconds to from a standing start, the Ioniq Electric combines leading technology with impressive performance.
Providing a snapshot of the future of cars, the Ioniq Electric can be controlled through Bluelink, Hyundai’s intelligent smartphone app. This way you can schedule charging, pre-heat the car, pre-determine destinations, find your car in a packed parking lot, and much more.
The Ioniq Electric boasts an outstanding 193-mile range, meaning that you’ll only need to charge it once a day if you use it for on-demand driving. That’s money in your pocket, as the Hyundai Ioniq Electric allows you to drive Uber full-time.
Much like its PHEV cousin, the Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in, the Ioniq Electric features an impressive drag coefficient of just 0.25, making it one of the most aerodynamic cars on the market. Less drag means increased efficiency, or in other words, more miles per charge.
Zap out your redundant expenses
Not only is it cheaper to charge and service an electric car, but on-demand drivers in London can save up to £15 per day on the Congestion Charge. That’s compared to a traditional hybrid or a modern combustion engine, but the ULEZ charge exemption saves you a further £12.50, a daily fee charged in Central London for older, more polluting cars.
Another way the Ioniq Electric saves you money is by accessing Uber’s Clean Air Fund, which subsidises the cost of owning the Ioniq Electric on Splend’s Rent to buy plan. In a nutshell, driving an electric car for Uber means 15p/mile more earnings after each ride.
Why you’ll love it
- No ULEZ or Congestion Charge
- 15p per mile extra earnings thanks to Uber’s Clean Air Fund
- Estimated range: 193 miles
- CO2 emissions: 0 g/km
- 10.25-inch widescreen navigation with Traffic Messaging Channel, Mapcare, Live
- Services, and Bluelink
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 7 airbags and numerous safety features resulting in a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel for those cold winter mornings
- Rear camera with parking guidance system
Why your riders will love it
- Infinity Sound System for a surround sound experience
- Wireless phone charging pad
- USB charging port in the armrest
- Heated seats
- Plenty of luggage space with a 443-litre boot capacity
Ready to go electric?
Membership presumes a one-off, £179 joining fee and a 26-week minimum rental period.
We’re Rent to buy specialists enabling on-demand drivers to make money by driving. Our vision is a future where every on-demand driver can be successful.
We can set you up with a brand-new or new-model car on a Rent to buy plan, and provide the training and support you need to become a more profitable, safer, and fulfilled driver.
Don’t take our word for it—Uber drivers rate us excellent on Trustpilot.